|Home > About Us >
FREE PRESCHOOL 2016
The ECCE is a scheme designed to give children access to a free Pre-school Year of appropriate programme-based activities in the year before they start primary school.
Participation in a pre-school programme provides children with their first formal experience of early learning, the starting-point of their educational and social development outside the home.
Children who avail of pre-school are more likely to be ready for school and a formal learning and social environment.
At Cocoon Childcare we believe that caring and learning go hand-in-hand. Our Spread Your Wings curriculum incorporates the new National Curriculum Aistear as well as an extensive Montessori programme.
- We promote a learning environment which encourages each child to explore, to question, to learn and to understand the world around them.
- We know the importance of individual learning, of promoting independence and building confidence and self esteem
- We actively create an atmosphere to support and encourage freedom of expression and offer a wide variety learning opportunities and experiences on a daily basis.
- No hidden extras. No Deposit required
- Full curriculum and activities included in the Free preschool year such as baking, Santa visits, Montessori portfolio, projects, messy play and Graduation. There are only 2 optional fee choices which are
By choosing Cocoon for your child’s Free Preschool you can be assured that every member of our team is focused on helping your child reach their full potential and to give them a foundation for “a love of learning” that they will carry with them all their lives. If children are currently attending full days or long hours within Cocoon then the subsidy received from the state for the ECCE scheme will be deducted from their fees between September and June inclusive.
To calculate your entitlements use the calculator available here Childcare Ireland.
To enter the scheme in September 2015 your child must be born between 2 February 2011 and 30 June 2012 (both these dates included)
If your child is over the eligibility age requirement due to special needs they may be able to get an exemption from the upper age limit for the ECCE Scheme and or spread the ECCE free preschool year over a two year period. Please contact the Department of Children and Youth Affairs for more information.
The Hours for ECCE are 09:30 to 12:30 or 13:30 to 16:30, Monday to Friday for 38 weeks of the year between September and June.
To avoid disappointment and to avail of the scheme through Cocoon Childcare, please register your interest at ECCE@cocoonchildcare.ie or contact our office for further information on 01-419 99 99.